Tumeric, Coconut + Black Seed Wraps
These easy wraps are an excellent addition to your gluten free repertoire for easy lunches or light fare on the go.
They offer the additional trifecta of goodness being grain-free, nut-free and Vegan, plus they are high Protein!
Yellow pea flour works wonderfully in wraps, and this recipe is a great base to change up the seasoning to suit your International style. Swap out turmeric for smoked paprika or spinach, and black seed for linseed or chia for an extra superfood kick.
½ Cup Yellow Pea Flour
1/4 Cup Organic Coconut Flour
1/4 Cup Tapioca Starch Flour
1 + 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
½ Tspn of Himalayan Pink salt
½ Tspn Organic Turmeric Powder (optional)
½ Tspn Brown rice syrup or honey
½ Tspn Nigella / Black Cumin Seeds (optional)
Pinch of black or white pepper
Organic Coconut oil for frying
- Combine sifted dry flour ingredients
- Whisk in approximately half the coconut milk gradually to form a paste,
- Add in brown rice syrup, along with turmeric, salt, pepper and seeds
- Continue adding coconut milk until a runny cream like consistency is reached.
- Heat a griddle / fry pan to medium heat, and add a approximately 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per wrap or as desired.
- When hot, add 1/3-1/2 cup of mixture at a time, turning the pan to spread the batter evenly.
- Fry for around 1 minute per side until bubbles form and break, or the desired coloring is achieved.
Fill with fresh salad, avocado and your choice of protein for a delicious and nourishing, high protein wrap that is perfect for picnics or change out the ingredients for your next Tex-Mex night.